Before & After
You will maximize the results of your Cooler Cleanse when you “eat the Cooler way” for one to three days before and after your juice cleanse. Follow a simple diet of whole foods that are easy to digest and rich in supportive nutrients. These pre- and post-juice cleanse days prepare your body, enhance the effects of the juice cleanse, and make for a smooth transition back to your regular diet afterwards.
How do I do this?
Option A. One of the simplest and most effective ways to “eat the Cooler way” is to have our delicious and expertly prepared Raw Coolers delivered to your door daily.
Option B. Modify your diet on your own. Cut out anything heavy, creamy, fatty or rich. Eliminate all the starchy breads and anything packaged or enhanced. Many people prefer to eat vegetarian or vegan diets on these days, but some organic animal and fish protein is fine. The rule of thumb is to eat and drink very cleanly. This means you do not eat foods and drinks that are hard to digest, disturb your balance and have a tendency to irritate the digestive system. This frees up energy inside so your body can focus on cleansing and healing.
Your Daily Diet
Here are a few tips on what to avoid–and what you should eat–before and after your cleanse.
- Processed Food, Drinks and Snacks
- Cut anything containing preservatives, stabilizers, colorings, flavorings and other additives.
- Try organic carrots, celery and apples.
- Caffeinated Drinks
- Eliminate coffee, black tea and energy drinks.
- Try lightly steeped green or herbal teas.
- Eliminate all alcohol, including wine, beer and spirits.
- Drink lots of clean, flat water. Add fresh lemon juice for flavor.
- Dairy Products
- No milk, cheese, yogurt or ice cream.
- Try soy-based substitutes. Silken tofu, bananas and avocados provide the same creamy texture you crave.
- Not a crumb of wheat bread, bagels, pasta, crackers or cookies.
- Try quinoa and fill the void with plenty of fresh produce.
- Avoid sugary treats, products and sugar itself.
- Choose a few pieces of ripe fresh fruit to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Eliminate red meat, pork and deli meats with nitrates and other enhancers.
- Opt for organic chicken, turkey and cooked fish if you want lean protein.
- No ketchup, sauces and flavorings from bottles.
- Use spices and fresh herbs for an extra kick.
- Processed Cooking Oils
- Avoid fried, greasy and oil-laden dishes.
- Use extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil and other nut oils for flavor on your salads.
- Eliminate them entirely.
- Eliminate to give your body a break from dealing with potential chemical traces and parasites.
- Eliminate peanuts and peanut butter, they can have a toxic effect.
- Substitute almonds, Brazil nuts, cashews, coconut and organic nut butters.
Note: Many people find nuts soaked in water for a few hours are easier to digest.